Thursday, September 22, 2005

New Stuff

I just bought some stuff for my PowerBook.

A new mouse, a Mighty Mouse. It's okay so far.

I also picked up a copy of Disk Warrior. I used to have a copy of v2 although I don't remember where I got it. This copy is bought and paid for. It's slow but uniquely amongst the various disk utilities, I trust it.

I have been mulling over purchasing it for the past few months. The store I bought it, had a single copy on their shelves for months. It stated what version was in the box. I had no clue as to whether it was current or not. Today when I visited the store, I found a whole shelf full of new boxes with a new version. The old box was $10 off.

While meandering through the store, I looked up the Alsoft website from a Mini. I learned that this new version was the most current release and would even work on Tiger.

I don't have Tiger yet but the last thing I want is to have to screw around with versions. I bought it.

I've used it on my primary drive as well as on an external 120GB. I kept get a message indicating that its speed was reduced due to a lack of memory. I have 512 MB of RAM.

Maybe I need more. I may write Alsoft to ask them what the heck that message means.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home