Saturday, November 05, 2005

Cabbies in Toronto

I take cabs quite often.

Toronto is a pretty good city for cabs in that there are a lot of them.

The skill of the drivers, however, fails to overwhelm.

Almost every time I am looking for a cab, I have to wave at two or three empty cabs just driving around. I'm not talking about cabs already carrying a fare either.

Empty cabs with their light on, driving around looking for a fare and they somehow manage to miss someone flailing their arms and yelling.

This is not an uncommon occurrence.

However, stand at a bus stop with your hands in your pockets and the cabbies will lean out their windows and yell at you while they honk their horns. When you don't respond, they will stop or if driving the other way, pull a u-turn and come back.

I don't feel much sympathy when they plead poverty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home