Wednesday, December 28, 2005

On Marketing Copy and Adspeak

I am reviewing the SD cards on the Henry's site. When I purchased my camera, I also bought a Sandisk Ultra II 1GB SD card.

I think that this was the most appropriate card for me but I am wondering what other options there are.

Higher up the ladder from my card is the Extreme line. These offer 20MB/s transfer speeds. The Ultra II offers 9MB. This is what the blurb says about my card:

  • SanDisk Ultra II Secure Digital cards have a minimum sustained write speed of 9 megabytes (MB) per second and a read speed of 10 MB per second

The blurb uses precious space to highlight a ten per cent difference in performance depending upon the immediate usage.

I decided to look at the house brand card as well as the Sandisk offering below mine, find out what kind of performance they offered. Here's what I am told:

SANDISK 1GB SECURE DIGITAL CARD
  • High transfer rate for fast copy/download

The house brand gets an even better pitch:

HENRY'S 1GB SECURE DIGITAL W/RECOVERY
  • Memory that is optimized for your Digital Camara! (sic)
  • Henry's Performance Memory allows digital cameras and digital media ot (sic) work better together
  • Faster write times + less time waiting = better pictures

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home