Friday, December 30, 2005

Nikon P1 - Day 18

I visited Henry's last night to talk price protection — every retailer's favourite words.

Henry's was no different than any other retailer since Timothy Eaton passed on. He was uncomfortable with the idea. His initial reaction was to screw his face up in a knot. After that his anxiety level rose. He told me that the other retailer was being stupid. He told me that he didn't want to lose me as a customer but …. He told me that the other retailer often employed bait and switch tactics and that he may not actually have any of the cameras in stock. On the plus side, the other retailer was closed so he couldn't call them to find out. I believe that when he wandered off for a few minutes to look something up that he did attempt to call them.

He told me that they were selling well at full price and that there was no need to reduce the price.

That made me feel warm and fuzzy. I told him that I was one of the people who had helped reduce his stock and that I had done so in part because I expected him to stand behind his product and his price.

All's well that ends well. I received a refund of $80. I turned around and spent $60 of it on an AC adaptor, the EH-62. It's a rip-off but whatcha gonna do? Anyways, I essentially got it for free so I'm pleased.

2 Comments:

At 7:33 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You go guy! Good for you.

 
At 5:53 p.m. , Blogger Canicus said...

Thanks

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home