Sunday, October 08, 2006

Zojirushi Rice Cooker

Last night, I purchased a rice cooker. This is the first one I've owned. It is a Zojirushi NS-ZCC10 Neuro Fuzzy rice cooker and warmer.

As rice cookers go, it is quite expensive. I have been researching these things for several months now and I do not think that I've seen any that are more expensive than those this company produces. This is about fourth from the top in price however as there is a larger version of the same model, a designer model with fewer features and a larger and more advanced model that uses an induction heating system to cook the rice.

From the company's web site, I found a list of local retailers. This model was my second choice but no store in the city had my first choice, the Zutto.

After getting it home, it sat for a few hours before unpacking. It's quite large considering that it's the small model.

Eventually, I cranked it up and cooked myself some Long Grain and Wild Rice from Dainty using the brown rice settings. The rice came out great — even on the first attempt. That's pretty good for this type of creature.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home