Friday, November 25, 2005

A Bicycle Built For Two

It is winter now in Toronto.

According to the weather on the CBC website, it is currently -13°C with a wind chill of -22°C. Wind is blowing, coincidentally, at 22 km/h. Curiously, on the same site, the forecast low is -12°C.

I was leaving work, it was about 3:30 a.m., walking south on Jarvis. At this point, Jarvis, like many downtown streets running north and south, has a steep incline. As I walked, i noticed a peculiar looking cyclist working his way north, up the hill. As he got closer, I noticed he had a passenger. There was a woman on the seat, legs out. The poor guy was working really hard to get this bike up the hill. He never lifted his head the entire time I was watching. He was too busy pedalling.

As they passed, the woman said hi.

I waved back.

Weird.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home