Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Nikon P1 Day 2

Taking pictures is easy. Whether the pictures are any good is another thing.

The wireless doesn't work though. This is very annoying as it did work when I was in the store before buying the camera. I called Nikon technical support. They didn't give me a good first impression. Despite telling the agent that I had a fully functional wireless network that had been running for over six months, I was asked to make sure that the computer was using DHCP. Offhand, I'm not sure what impact that would have on the camera but I found that it was easier to agree than to discuss.

Anyways, the upshot is that I'm getting an installation error that I did not get yesterday at the store. Hmmm… of course, at the store, I only installed the wireless connection software. Maybe I'll attempt that again. It was when installing Picture Project that I encountered the error.

I visited the Nikon website at nikon.ca. There is a link to download the software there. Of course, it requires registration. This is annoying as I have a newly purchased camera with an evidently disfunctional CD. Anyways, after much screwing around, I found that I couldn't download anything.

When I spoke to tech support, I was informed that nobody could download anything as they were having a problem with some database or another.

Update: I just re-installed the network image transfer software. It works. Hopefully, the CD will offer working Project software. At least I can use the camera and dump the pictures onto my PowerBook. I have a 1GB SD card from SanDisk but I'd rather not fill it up without being able to dump the images.

I may go out tonight and take some pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home