Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Aside on Bush and the Woodrow Wilson Center

Speaking of the WW Center, Bush gave a speech there today. He made a claim that the world was better off now that Saddam Hussein was no longer in power. At the end of the day, Iraqis may be better off but I have no inkling as to how the world is better off. I know what a supporter would say but I don't know why I would believe it.

Bush moved an inch on the issue of faulty intelligence. He provided nothing of course on how any decisions were made nor anything regarding misuse of intelligence; nothing on whether intelligence was ever a meaningful issue either. True to nature, he can say naught but that the right decision was made. Well, I guess he wouldn't be Bush if he admitted otherwise. You'd be able to hear a pin drop from around the world if Bush ever admitted to being wrong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home